Thursday, December 20, 2007

Coming home...

Hey there... it's our last day here in Africa. We've checked into our flight on Air France and now we're just hanging out for a few more hours before we have to go to the airport. We fly through Paris but unfortunately we don't have much of a layover... well, actually I'm excited that we don't because it's gonna be real nice to come home and the quicker the better. We've had a great time in Africa but a month is a long time to be away.
Kinshasa was a good place to end our tour. The audiences are very responsive to our music... in fact, I think they have enjoyed it the most out of all the countries we've traveled in. Another cool thing about Kinshasa is it's the only place that has had upright bass players. We did a workshop a couple days ago... one of the students came up and picked my bass up and started playing. He had pretty good technique too! It turns out that the school we were at had an old, beat up upright bass that all the bass players shared. It was nice to be able to give advice to students on an instrument that I actually play! Even though I spent a week on electric bass here, I don't have the same control as I do on the upright.
Well... this will be the last entry from Africa. Unfortunately I'm not on my computer, so I'm unable to post any pictures right now. After I come home and have a fast connection, I will try to post as many, if not all of the pictures I've taken here.
Looking forward to seeing everyone when I get back!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay Eric,
I am so glad you had a good time in Africa! It will be good to see you tomorrow at the concert. And it will be great to have you back to work!
Hope you had a good smooth flight home.
Hugs,
Kathy